The objectives of the Association are as follows:
- To bring together those transacting Insurance Business in the British Virgin Islands in order to afford opportunities for consultation and co-operation in all matters affecting their common interest.
- To promote a culture and awareness in the British Virgin Islands of the duty and responsibility to comply with all regulatory requirements of BVI Financial Services Commission
- To contribute to the development of the British Virgin Islands as a reputable and well regulated Association by promoting professional standards within the industry.
- To promote and encourage education, training and high standards of practice within the British Virgin Islands Insurance Service Industry.
- To promote a support network to all members of the Association; and to establish communication and relationships with other professional Insurance Associations internationally and regionally.
- To act as a medium of consultation with government, and other similar associations on legislation, regulation and other matters that impact the industry.
- To Organise public education and other public relations activities with the best interests of the insuring public encouraging the ethical conduct of members
Please view our full constitution here: 20140403 CONSTITUTION of Insurance Association of the BVI